Slimline 100Ah Lithium Battery from Baintech model contains two (2) convenient grey Anderson plug connectors accessible from the side of the battery. Both can be used as input and outputs for charging and running loads. Or one plug could be used to charge the battery and the second plug used for loads. Charge sources could include: – External AC charger with grey Anderson connector; – External (regulated) solar charger with grey Anderson connector; or – External DC-DC charger with grey Anderson connector.
For connected chargers and devices, a grey Anderson plug must be used. Check to ensure the Anderson is correctly wired (positive and negative) and do not attempt to use any coloured Anderson other than grey.
NOTE – There are no internal fuses inside the battery so an external fuse must be used for each Anderson connector, 100A maximum. The internal BMS is designed for up to 100A continuous charge and 100A continuous discharge. Please consider this when connecting charging devices and loads.
100Ah Slimline Lithium Battery Features
- 5 Year Warranty for total piece of mind
- Australian Designed
- Internal 100A BMS
- Slimline shape and size
- Parallel connect capable
- Strong aluminium enclosure with Tough Powder coated finish baked on at over 300c
- Almost 2x the Capacity of a Lead acid battery of the same amp hour (100ah lithium is greater capacity than a 150ah Lead Acid Battery)
- LiFePO4 batteries are the safest lithium battery type
100Ah Slimline Lithium Battery Specifications
- Model: BTLITH12100-SL
- Capacity: 100Ah
- Nominal Voltage: 12.8V
- Type: LiFePO4
- Charge Voltage: 14.6V max
- Charge Current: 100A max continuous
- Discharge Current: 100A continuous
- Discharge Current: 200A peak
- Operating Temp: 0-45C
- Weight: 11kg
- Up to 3000 Charging Cycles | Lifecycle at 80 DOD%
- Up to 5000 Charging Cycles | Lifecycle at 50 DOD%
- LiFePO4 batteries are the safest lithium battery type
- Size (LxDxH): 635 x 260 x 50mm
12V Slimline 100Ah Lithium Battery is constructed using the latest lithium ion phosphate cells. These prismatic cells are of the highest quality in a metal hard case. The battery has an inbuilt Battery Management System (BMS).
At just 11kg, the unique slimline shape makes it the perfect battery for installations where space is a premium. Slide it behind a seat, bolt it to a wall or at the back of a cupboard.
The 100Ah Slimline Lithium Battery provides up to 100A of continuous discharge or charge and can be stacked in parallel to increase amp hour storage capacity. Charge and discharge are via the two grey Anderson plugs. Note, an external fuse must be used.
The strong aluminium outer enclosure delivers a safe, lightweight, and powerful unit which is the perfect building block for next-generation battery systems.
Why our lithium batteries are superior to others in the market:
- Massive 5 Year Warranty
- Designed and assembled in Australia
- Custom designed BMS System by engineers in Brisbane
- The slimmest designs on the market; 75Ah and 110Ah Slim just 50mm thick
- In-built DC-DC Charger capability available – unlike any lithium on the market – Please see our full range for further information.
- Constructed using the latest lithium iron phosphate cells
- Local after-sales support
Lithium batteries provide more usable capacity than lead acid batteries. Deep discharging does not affect the life of a lithium battery the way it does with lead acid batteries. You can use the battery longer before needing to recharge, without damage to the battery.
Cost Effective Over Life Cycle
When considering the usable capacity and lifespan of lithium batteries, they work out cheaper than lead acid. When you add the cost and inconvenience of refitting new lead-based batteries every few years the total cost of ownership over the long term is far better with lithium batteries.
Lithium batteries are rated for 2,000 – 5,000 cycles and much more if used carefully, giving you several times the life expectancy of standard lead acid batteries.
Lithium batteries allow you to pull far more amps out of the same size battery systems.
Lithium batteries are less than half the weight of the equivalent lead acid battery. Lithium batteries can be up to a third of the weight of the equivalent lead acid AGM battery. This is an important consideration for anybody who is mobile.
A 100Ah AGM deep cycle battery can be up to 38kg in weight, whereas the same size lithium battery can be less than 12kg in weight!
That means you can at least double or even triple the stored battery capacity on a RV, or alternatively use the reduction in battery weight to bring more water, or food or luggage on your trip.
Reducing weight in a RV helps to keep you under the tare weight, reduces aerodynamic drag which improves fuel efficiency while on the road.
Lithium batteries charge more efficiently, and don’t require as many stages during charging. Therefore, they will charge faster, and hold more of the energy from solar panels and other charging device.
How do I charge my 100Ah Lithium Battery?
You can charge your battery in several ways:
- AC Charger – lithium compatible with a modified Anderson connector
- External DC-DC charger (Lithium compatible)
- Solar Panel or Blanket – must be regulated
Which Battery Charger is suitable?
We recommend the Victron 7A IP65 – it has a dedicated lithium charging profile suited to the Baintech Lithium Batteries. You will need to adapt the charger leads to a Grey Anderson Plug.
Which DC-DC Charger can I use?
We recommend the CTEK D250S, lithium compatible DC-DC Charger or our version own 100ah DC-DC version which can be found here
What can I run off my 100Ah Lithium Battery?
By utilising several of our Anderson Connector cables you can run a variety of 12V lights, your portable fridge, and 12 accessories.Read Less...